I am a beginner with the Leica equipment. This WEB site is my own
record of what I am re-learning about the practice, art and now the
process of making prints using a combination of film and digital
The first step is to gain some competence with the medium. Color or
Black and White? What film to use? Who and or how to process it? How
to scan the images? Which scanner? How to use
PhotoShop for our digital darkroom? How to make prints? How do we
organize and save negatives, scanned images, and information about
each? We have a lot of work to do.
* A high level process for print making.
* A comparison between film and digital
cameras for WEB applications. Because the resolution of the final
image is poor, there is little difference between the two techniques.
* A bit of Leica history
* My Leica - Not a collectable...
* Does it take sharp pictures?
* The Canon Powershot S100 digital camera.
* Some film information
* Some scanner information
* A start of a page on print process.
* Use a tripod for best quality
even/especially with a point and shoot digital camera.
* Should you rely on Photo Drive Up
scans?. Well, the quality is not that great. And you can certainly
see the difference event for WEB photos.
* Here is our experience with HP, Canon and
Last modified: Fri, 12-Oct-01 08:16:49 PDT