Crankshaft with Connecting Rods R/R
- Disassemble crankcase (41 En).
- Withdraw camshaft.
- Remove crankshaft with connecting rods.
- Mark insert of Bearing 2 and 3.
Installation is accomplished by noting the following points:
Last modified: Mon, 17 Jan 2005
- Lightly bevel bearing seat edges at the crankcase joint to prevent
gouging as a result of bearing preload upon reassembly of crankcase,
- Check dowel pin in Bearing 1 for firm seating.
- Oil passages in crankshaft journals and bearings must not have
sharp edges in evidence.
- Install in crankcase insert halves of Bearing 2 and 3.
- Place insert of Bearing 1 on crankshaft journal so that the
off-centered dowel pin bore is closest to the flywheel side.
- Insert crankshaft.
- Note timing marks when installing camshaft.