Remove and Install Rocker Arm Carrier
1. Remove rocker box cover.
2. Remove the 7 hex nuts (SW 13) from the . rocker arm shafts.
3. Withdraw rocker arm shafts with rocker arms, springs, washers and spacers.
4. Remove the three rocker arm carrier retaining bolts (SW 15 mm) and withdraw carrier.
Installation is accomplished in reversed order of the above by noting the following points:
1. Inspect retaining bolts for defects. Coat threads and base of bolt heads with graphite oil. Use new spring washers,
2. Tighten retaining bolts to 5 mkp (36 lbs/ft).
3. Tighten the 7 rocker arm shaft retaining nuts (SW 13) to 2,5 mkp (18 Ibs/ft).
4. Adjust valve clearance.
Reoil shafts and rocker arms, install rocker box cover.
Last modified: Mon, 17 Jan 2005
Wheels & Tires
. Comments? Questions?
Content attribted to others remains their property. Otherwise the text and images are licensed under a
Creative Commons License